24-hour Artemis Center Domestic Violence Hotline, 937.461.HELP(4357)
All Artemis Center services are provided free to victims of domestic violence and their children. Services include:
- Advocacy: Information and referrals provide victims/survivors with the help they need to access other services and remove barriers to getting safe. Advocacy also includes influencing other service providers for the provision of best practice victim services.
- Assistance with the legal process & Court outreach: Artemis Center advocates meet with victims at the courts, providing information about civil and criminal options, referrals for legal services, and possible further accompaniment to court.
- Children’s and Family therapy program: Designed to aid in the healing process for child witnesses of domestic violence, this program helps children identify and discuss feelings about living with violence in their homes and develop coping strategies for current and future relationships.
- Community education: Staff and volunteers of Artemis present information to community organizations, schools, conferences and other human service agencies.
- Referrals to Crime Victims Compensation and other community resources
- Workplace Safe from Domestic Violence Program
- Crisis intervention and supportive services: Clients meet with advocates for crisis intervention, safety planning, and support.
- Support/education groups: Artemis offers many support and education groups during which survivors share their experience with others who have lived with domestic violence.